It is one of the largest and richest Serbian Orthodox monasteries. It is the endowment of the great Serbian prefect Stefan Nemanja. It is located 65km from our accommodation. It was built in 1190, and has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1986.
It is the endowment of the great Serbian prefect Stefan Nemanja. It is located 63km from our accommodation. It is one of the oldest Serbian monasteries, built in 1171. It has also been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979.
An Orthodox monastery dedicated to Sveta Trojica, founded by Serbian King Stefan Uros I as a mausoleum for himself and his family. The monastery complex has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979. The Sopoćani Monastery is 70 km away from us.
Church of the Holy Apostle Peter
It is the oldest monument of church architecture in Serbia and was originally the seat of the Raska episcopate. In terms of construction, it is similar to churches from the Littoral, Georgia, Armenia and Italy dating from the 7th to the 9th century, but due to alterations and additions it became unique, which was one of the reasons it was on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979. It is 60 km away from our accommodation.
The Kovilje Monastery is located on the slopes of Golija and Javor, in the valley of the river Nošnica. The first mention of this monastery is in the Kruševac Monument from 1606. The monastery consists of two churches: the Holy Archangel Gabriel and St. Nicholas, which was later built. From our accommodation to this monastery is 32km.
It lies on an elevated plateau above Gradačka reka, on the edge of the wooded slopes of Golija. It is believed to have been completed in the last quarter of the 13th century. It is the endowment of Jelena Anžujska. It was built in the tradition of the Raska school. Gradac Monastery is a nunnery.
It was built in the 12th century, at the same time as the neighboring Studenica. According to the architectural characteristics, it is a typical representative of the medieval Raska school. It was built by a servant who worked at the court of Nemanjić around 1195, hence the name Pridvorica. It is located only 15km from our facility.